Dear Patients and Families of Rinehart, Marr & Murdock Dental:
We are pleased to announce that we are slowly reopening and getting back into patient care! We have missed you all tremendously and cannot wait to start seeing your smiling faces again. Just as we have all had to make major adjustments in our personal lives, we have had to make changes in the way that our office operates as well. We wanted to update you on our office policies and the steps we are taking to ensure protection of the health and well-being of our patients and our team.
During the office closure our doctors have carefully reviewed the most current recommendations of the CDC, OSHA and the Pennsylvania Department of Health for maintaining proper infection control. We have added some new protocols to keep staff and patients protected. Please note there will be a $30 PPE fee attached to every appointment to allow for the cost of all of these added safety measures for both patients and staff.
We ask for your patience as we begin to reschedule your missed appointments. We know there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track, and we promise to do just that as soon as possible. We had to cancel over 3,000 appointments over the past 10 weeks, and it is going to require some significant time and effort to get everyone rescheduled appropriately.
For everyone’s benefit we will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures centered on social distancing, which will limit the number of patients we are able to see each day. The changes in our office procedures must be strictly adhered to ensure the health and safety of everyone. We have already begun rescheduling patients on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled basis, which is fair, efficient, and will serve everyone with getting back on track. The temporary office procedure changes will include the following:
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call the office to notify us of your arrival. The front door will remain locked.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue and will be followed.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed inside.
- When the patient is ready to be seated for treatment, you will be notified and greeted at the front door.
- Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer.
- If your temp is over 100.4 degrees F, your appointment will be rescheduled in 14 days.
- Anyone entering the office will be required to wash their hands.
- Please brush thoroughly before coming to your appointment. Toothbrushes will not be available at this time.
- Patients will do a 1 minute rinse with a 3% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse at the chair
We ask for understanding while we will try to address all your treatment needs during your visit.
Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
The reception area will remain closed at this time.
- We will take daily temperatures of every team member immediately upon arrival at work.
- Any team member over 100.4 degrees F will be sent home.
We sincerely ask for your patience and understanding during this initial stage of returning to normalcy during a pandemic. Treatment progress may be slightly delayed, as nearly all patients have missed at least one routine visit, but we are focusing on getting each of you back on track while not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call 570.275.2684 or email us at email@example.com.
All our best,
Rinehart, Marr & Murdock Dental